The workshop at OCULUS Melbourne. Photo: Alison Hoelzer.
Position available: Senior Landscape Architect
OCULUS is looking for a passionate Senior Landscape Architect to join our Melbourne studio.
OCULUS is an Urban Design and Landscape Architecture studio focused on creating great public places across a range of sectors, including education, health, cultural, infrastructural, and mixed use. We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and engaged Senior Landscape Architect with strong management, design, and delivery experience to join our Melbourne studio. The role will be highly collaborative and integral to the day to day running of the studio.
The successful applicant must have the following skills:
Key skills and experience
- Excellent project, time, and people management skills
- Experience in leading complex projects from inception through to construction
- Ability to communicate projects both graphically and verbally
- Strong conceptual and design development skills
- Technical expertise in detailing, construction and planting design
- Complex stakeholder engagement and client and consultant team liaison
- Ability to collaborate as part of interdisciplinary and multi studio team
- Studio leadership skills, including supervising, supporting and mentoring junior staff
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strong project management skills
- Tertiary qualification in Landscape Architecture
- 5+ years’ post-graduate industry experience in a broad range of landscape architectural projects and phases
- Competent in Adobe Creative Suite (PSD, AI & IND), MS Office, AutoCAD, 3D modelling (Rhino/Sketch Up preferred), REVIT desirable.
- Hand drawing, physical model making and experience a plus.
OCULUS is a cross disciplinary design studio committed to connecting people with their environment and each other. Our projects contribute to the public life of cities and towns, combining high levels of amenity with ecological sustainability. We work across all scales, from the design of parks, gardens, streets, mixed-used precincts and infrastructural landscapes, through to architectural structures and furniture.
Salary range will be commensurate with experience.
Apply by sending your CV, portfolio and a brief email cover letter to: careers [at] oculus.info
Please note applicants must be able to work in Australia either as a citizen, resident or with an appropriate work visa.