Now hiring: Washington D.C.
OCULUS is an award-winning landscape architecture firm looking for new candidates to join our Washington D.C. studio. We’re in search of all levels of experience – you might be early in your career, or a seasoned professional looking for a new challenge.
Since 1993 OCULUS has cultivated a design studio that builds artful, contemporary landscapes that engage the imagination and the senses. Mindful of the past and present while casting an eye to the future, we always acknowledge the cultural, historical, and ecological contexts of our projects.
As a practice, we're focused on creating great public places across a range of sectors including parks, health, education, infrastructure, and mixed-use. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and engaged landscape professional to work on a broad range of projects in a boutique creative environment.
Role + Responsibilities
Our open studio approach welcomes your opinion and ideas. As a valued member of our small team, you will work closely with all staff, contributing to a studio culture of design excellence and innovation. The full range of tasks varies by experience level, but will include all aspects of the profession from conceptual design through construction detailing, drafting and quality control; presentations and associated graphics; regulatory meetings and multi-disciplinary team coordination; and other responsibilities related to daily office management.
We like to explore beyond the boundaries of landscape architecture, so our preferred candidate is creative, interested and engaged with the design industry, and seeks to discover new ways of thinking.
Key Skills + Experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Design Suite, and SketchUp
- Experience with Revit and Lumion is desirable
- Organized, flexible, and self-motivated, with good communication skills
Mid to Senior-level Position:
- A strong portfolio across a broad range of project typologies, including exposure to urban design projects and on-structure landscape design
- Experience in all phases of design and construction
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Understanding of technical matters and construction detailing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Design Suite
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Landscape Architecture
Apply now by sending your CV, portfolio and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCULUS is an equal-opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and respectful workplace. Please note applicants must be able to work in the United States either as a citizen, resident or with an appropriate work visa.